Hi friends & HAPPY Monday!
I hope everyone had the most wonderful Halloween weekend! Wanna see what I got up to? Click here for a Tik Tok recap.
With the Sephora sale just days away, I thought I’d share my top makeup, skincare, haircare + fragrance recommendations to make filling your cart as easy as possible! It’s important to note that I’m only mentioning products that I’ve used, loved + continue to repurchase!
Before we dive into the good stuff, here’s what you need to know:
- ROUGE: Friday, November 5th – Monday, November 15th
- VIB: Tuesday, November 9th – Monday, November 15th
- INSIDER: Thursday, November 11th – Monday, November 15th
- ROUGE: 20%
- VIB: 15%
- INSIDER: 10%
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s chat beauty!
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 ($6.80 CAD) – Yes you read that right, $6.80 CAD for a bottle of Hyaluronic Acid! The Ordinary is proof that you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars for high quality skincare. Of the handful of products I’ve tried from the brand, my most repurchased is this Hyaluronic Acid. This hydrating formula with ultra-pure, vegan hyaluronic acid plumps the skin and leaves it looking (and feeling) super smooth.
- The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm ($12.99 CAD) – Everything about this cleansing balm is *chefs kiss*. I’ve never believed that a 1st and 2nd cleanse was necessary, but after using this Cleansing Balm, it all makes sense now. I’ll remove my makeup with the Oat Cleansing Balm (a little bit goes a long way to effortlessly remove the days makeup) + will then go in with my face wash and believe me when I tell you, my face feels SUPER clean and fresh afterwards.
- SuperGoop Play Everyday Lotion SPF50 ($29.00 CAD) – SuperGoop actually made me excited about SPF with this Everyday Lotion with SPF50. It’s non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula is comfortable on the skin and has the loveliest scent (that doesn’t smell like the traditional sunscreen).
- Laneige All Nighter Lip Set ($39.00 CAD) – I am obsessed with everything Lip Sleeping mask so it should come as no surprise that I’ve included this set in my must have list. I purchased this set solely because of the limited edition Gingersnap flavoured balm, not realizing that they were coming out with a full size one. However, these 2 little minis are super cute and smell SO delicious!
5. Nudestix Nudies Matte Blush + Bronze in “Bondi Bae” ($38.00 CAD) – I was late to the game with these Nudestix Blush + Bronzer duos but since first purchasing it (at the beginning of this year), I’m now on my 3rd tube! It’s super blendable and is the perfect sun kissed, bronzey shade.
6. SMASHBOX Halo Healthy Glow Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF25 ($48.00 CAD) – I am all about a tinted moisturizer so when I saw that Smashbox came out with one (that’s cruelty free!), I couldn’t get my hands on it fast enough. Acting as an all-in-one SPF/primer/tinted moisturizer, this light weight option provides the perfect amount of coverage for everyday wear. I also love that it contains hyaluronic acid that hydrates the skin for up to 24 hours.
7. BITE Beauty Power Move Hydrating Soft Matte Lipstick in “Sugar Buns” ($37.00 CAD) – This is hands down THE most comfortable matte lipstick to ever grace my lips. It’s creamy, long lasting and surprisingly moisturizing! The shade “Sugar Buns” is a gorgeous soft pink nude shade and I can’t get enough. With over 20 shades to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find the perfect lipstick!
8. FENTY Beauty Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper in “Fenty Glow” ($28.00 CAD) – I LOVE everything Fenty Beauty especially when it comes to the lip department. While I didn’t think anything could top my love of the Fenty Gloss Bombs, when the brand launched their line of lip plumpers, well, it’s safe to say my mind was blown. Not only do these glosses actually plump the lips, but I find that they leave the lips feeling incredibly moisturized for hours following application. While the shade “Fenty Glow” is not my fav of the OG Gloss Bomb glosses, that shade in the HEAT collection is my absolute fav nude!
9. Merit Flush Balm Cream Blush in “Raspberry Beret” ($36.00 CAD) – This year I’ve discovered my love of multi-use beauty products + I have Merit to thank for that. This lip + cheek duo gets ALL of the chefs kisses from me. It’s creamy and blendable and is so comfortable on the cheeks and lips (I find that some lip/cheek products sometimes aren’t comfortable on the lips). The shade “Raspberry Beret” screams Fall/Winter, making it THE perfect product to get you through the next few months.
10. Cheekbone Beauty Sustain Lipstick in “Keyah” ($32.00 CAD) – I seriously love everything about this Canadian + female founded brand and it’s just a bonus that they’re products are DIVINE. The Sustain Lipsticks are pigmented, creamy and comfortable on the lips, making them the perfect everyday lipsticks. The shade “Keyah” is my perfect “your lips but better” shade and I can’t get enough. These lipsticks are clean and packaging is biodegradable.
11. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow in “Amethyst” ($38.00 CAD) – Believe me when I say, I will never buy another powder eyeshadow again since discovering these cream eye shadow sticks from Laura Mercier. They are creamy and blend like a dream, offering such incredible colour payoff. They don’t crease or smudge and stay in place all day long. The shade “Amethyst” is a gorgeous soft mauve shade and I’m obsessed. With over 30 different shades and finishes (shimmer, matte, metallic), you’re bound to find your perfect shade.
12. Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado and Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask ($48.00 CAD) – This mask is nothing short of heavenly. It smells incredible (like candy), is incredibly nourishing and leaves the hair feeling SUPER soft after application. It’s perfect for all hair types and is vegan, cruelty-free and gluten free.
13. Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil ($60.00 CAD for 50mL) – When this hair oil first launched, I’ll admit, I was a skeptic. However, I got my hands on a mini version of this oil and since then, I’ve been obsessed. Infused with sustainably sourced Mirsalehi honey, this oil deeply nourishes, moisturizes, softens, and smooths hair. I honestly can’t imagine my haircare routine without it.
14. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo ($54.00 CAD) – This exfoliating shampoo takes a little bit of getting used to (as it doesn’t really lather), HOWEVER once you’re past that, it’s kind of incredible. It lifts away impurities and buildup while balancing and soothing an itchy, irritated scalp (whether oily or dry).
15. Maison Margiela REPLICA “By The Fireplace” ($85.00 CAD for 30mL) – I can’t imagine ever chatting about fragrances without mentioning “By The Fireplace” by REPLICA as it’s the ultimate UNISEX Fall/Winter scent. It’s warm, smoky + cozy and makes you smell like you’ve been sitting at a campfire making smores.
16. Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Parfum ($41.00 CAD for 7.5mL aka rollerball) – Floral scents are NEVER on my radar but one sniff was all it took for me to fall madly in love with this scent from Gucci. With key notes of Pear, White Gardenia + Brown Sugar, its the perfect amount of sweetness without being juvenile. A little definitely goes a long way with this one so I would definitely suggest the rollerball version (which should last you a long time).
17. Huda Beauty Kayali Vanilla l 28 & Musk l 12 Doublesided Travel Rollerball ($33.00 CAD for 2x5mL) – This double sided rollerball is a heavenly match for anyone who LITERALLY wants to smell like vanilla cake. It’s deliciously sweet with notes of Vanilla Orchids, Tonka Absolute + Amber Woods. Because the Huda Beauty fragrances are SO expensive, these rollerballs are the perfect way to smell divine without breaking the bank.
And there you have it friends, my top picks for the Sephora sale!
Now, what’s in MY cart you ask??
If you’ve stuck with me to the end, then I’ll let you in on a little secret. To help make this Sephora sale THAT much better, I thought now would be the perfect time for a little giveaway. SO, if you want a chance to win a $50 gift card to Sephora, head over to my instagram (@lipstickandbubbly) and be sure to follow the giveaway rules!
Thanks so much for stopping by & until next time,